Karate Budokan New Zealand Inc was established in October 2016. Like-minded individuals and companies have come forward to join forces and help achieve goals (listed below). However, the main objective of the society is to promote and advance Karate in New Zealand, promote Karate as a self-defence sport for people in the community and bring children; teens and families together while encouraging health and fitness benefits.
The founding Member of KBNZ, Lion Budokan Karate International which has around 125 members and growing. KBNZ aim is to increase membership with more classes offered in the nearby suburbs. We use school and community halls to run classes. Currently running in New Windsor School, Mount Roskill Intermediate School and Bay Roskill Sports Club (Blockhouse Bay), Auckland. Our instructors bring over 80 years of combined experience to the training. Members of this Club participate and receive awards in the tournaments held by Karate New Zealand and New Zealand Martial Arts Institute from time to time.
The Primary objectives of Karate Budokan New Zealand Incorporated Society are:
- Promote and advance the Budokan style of Karate and any other approved style of Karate in New Zealand through the activities of the Society, its members and its educational activities;
- Promote Karate as a self-defence sport for people in the community;
- Bring children, teens and families together in an environment to learn self-defence while promoting health and fitness benefits;
- Help students build and develop sportsmanship by encouraging students to participate in local, regional, national and international karate tournaments including the Olympic and Commonwealth Games;
- Represent and promote the interests of members of the Society;
- Promote high ethical standards of Budokan style of Karate in New Zealand, including excellence in its practice and application;
- Do any act or thing incidental or conducive to the attainment of any of the above objectives.
Without detracting from the primary objectives, the secondary objectives of the Society are to:
- Make and enforce a Code of Ethics known as “Dojo Kun” to promote high ethical standards of Karate practice in New Zealand;
- Make Policies and regulations to advance the attainment of any of the above objectives
Rules of KBNZ
Click here to see the Rules of KBNZ